Duck Pond Replacement
The duck pond replacement project is located in a courtyard that is surrounded by Building 16 at Fort Sam Houston. Built in 1876, Building 16 is a significant historic building and currently serves as command headquarters for US Army North. With approval by the Texas Historic Commission, the duck pond was redesigned with a rough-cut stone perimeter, a water feature with a filtration system, and ornamental landscaping. It serves as a major habitat feature for resident ducks, geese, peacocks, deer, and other small animals roaming freely in the courtyard.