WestEast Design Group is establishing an MEP engineering department and has an immediate opening for a highly qualified Registered Mechanical Engineer.
Full-time (40 hrs. a week)
- Total 10 years as a Professional Engineer.
- Minimum 5 years as a licensed Engineer in Texas.
- Minimum 5 years in leading engineering design teams on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commissioning experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in mechanical engineering
- Professional with mechanical engineer license in Texas who has led a design team through successful projects
- Proficient in P&IDs, Trane, Carrier and software applicable for the design of mechanical and plumbing engineering systems, PC software Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Microsoft 365. AutoCAD, MEP AutoCAD and Revit experience capabilities are a plus.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Experience engineering and designing local and federal government projects and institutional projects including higher education, healthcare, commercial and industrial projects
- Creating project documents, plans, and specifications for strong and reliable mechanical and plumbing systems design
- Review RFP scopes and prepare proposals, cost estimates and bid evaluations
- Involvement in company business development for the Engineering Department
- Planning and preparing engineered construction documentation for assigned projects, aiding in engineering decisions, and working as a project manager to meet deadlines in collaboration with engineers and architect
- Able to function efficiently on multiple projects which may consist of performing and scheduling work, materials, tools, equipment, and information to ensure attainment of scope/project performance and construction schedules
- Have oversight of others and work in unison with the A/E team
- Project coordination, meeting attendance, and deliverables
- On-site visits as necessary to collect existing condition information and construction administration for new projects
- Direct construction administration activities, review shop drawings, answer RFIs, resolve construction difficulties, and coordinate field installations as required for each project. Proactively seek potential issues or project risk.
- Meet deadlines and quality standards while adhering to ethical and efficient standard procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of ASME, IEEE, ASHRAE, IBC, UFC, and associated NFPA codes and standards
- High-level interpersonal relationship skills, proficiency in communication skills and organization skills
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to associate and junior engineers and designers
- LEED accreditation is a plus
Competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with experience
- Cover letter and resume (reference the job title in your cover letter)
- Link to a web-based portfolio or Dropbox download
- Professional references
WestEast Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.