WestEast is actively seeking to expand our professional design staff. The Project Manager will provide on-site PM services on behalf of our public sector clients.
- Full-time (40 hrs. a week)
- 10 years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or related field preferred.
- A/E professional with 10 years of project management experience
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure conformance with our public sector client policies and standards
- Manage the planning, design and execution of projects by providing project leadership, communication, coordination and conflict resolution to ensure project goals are met
- Be responsible for project budget, schedule, and procurement of design and construction services
- Drive progress of consultants to achieve expected functionality; and recommend alternatives to recover negative drift
- Facilitate timely decisions and report progress and issues impacting the project goals to project representatives
- Ensure design and construction documents comply with project requirements
- Makes field surveys to investigate existing or construction progress conditions
- Facilitate timely reviews of accessibility, building and fire code compliance (report safety compliance issues)
- Review and approve design and construction contracts, changes, technical service contracts, Guaranteed Maximum Price submittals, bid documents, pay applications, etc.
- Apply project control processes to track progress; for consistency; to mitigate risks; and to assure compliance with client protocols
- Monitor construction contractor quality control activities and makes appropriate recommendations
- Provide timely coordination with client to ensure proper reviews and notification of project and utility outages. Is present at utility outages to provide engineering and contractor support
- Attend and participate in pre-construction, staff, in progress-reviews, and other project-related meetings
- Review schedules, work performance quality, safety oversight, coordination effectiveness, and perform documentation reviews for all repair and construction work in progress or in planning stages
- Provide assistance with reviewing and responding to the contractor’s RFIs and appropriate submittals
- Participate in final on-site inspections of completed work and provide recommendations to client for corrective action, if necessary
- Stay current in Codes and Regulations applicable to design and construction, including International Building Codes, NFPA 101, TDLR, OSHA, ADA, ASHRAE 90.1, SWPPP, and any special requirements of the building type and the local jurisdiction.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with experience
- Cover letter and resume (reference the job title in your cover letter)
- Link to a web-based portfolio or dropbox download
- Professional references
WestEast Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.