WestEast is actively looking to expand our professional design staff. We are looking for an experienced professional who is organized, graphically talented and strong in the construction document production process to work on Health Care, Higher Education or Government projects.
The project architect manages project schedules, staffing and design criteria for specific projects. They are supported on occasion by Production Assistance. The Project Architect works directly with the Principal Architects during the design phases of the project, a Senior Production Manager during the construction documents phases and the Construction Administration Manager during the bidding and construction phases of a project.
- Full-Time (40 hrs. a week)
- 4-8 years of experience minimum
- Experience managing teams on design projects
- Strong CAD production capabilities
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture from an accredited University.
- Professional Bachelors (BArch) or Masters Degree from an accredited institution
- Licensed Architect or in the exam process to include having taken at least 1 exam and scheduled for others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced level of experience and knowledge of the design and construction process, building systems and documentation
- Ability to lead the team in the production of construction documents and to instruct others in production technical and graphic skills
- AutoCAD / Revit
- Must demonstrate a self motivated ability to learn new software packages
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Management of one large design project, or multiple smaller projects/programs
- Consultant management and coordination
- Coordinate and Contribute to Specifications production
- Quality Control for projects managed and contribute to office quality control/quality assurance program
- Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package commensurate with experience.
- Cover letter and resume (reference the job title in your cover letter)
- Link to a web-based portfolio or dropbox download
- Professional references
WestEast Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.