WestEast Design Group is establishing an MEP engineering department and has an immediate opening for a highly qualified Registered Electrical Engineer.
Full-time (40 hrs. a week)
- Total 10 years as a Professional Engineer.
- Minimum 5 years as a licensed Engineer in Texas.
- Minimum 5 years in leading engineering design teams on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Commissioning experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in electrical engineering
- Professional with electrical engineer license in Texas who has led a design team through successful projects
- Visual and SKM. Lighting Design Photometric Programs, PC software Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Microsoft 365. AutoCAD, MEP AutoCAD and Revit experience capabilities are a plus.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Experience engineering and designing local and federal government projects and institutional projects including higher education, healthcare, commercial and industrial projects
- Creating electrical project documents, plans, and specifications for strong and reliable electrical distribution/lighting/power systems design
- Review RFP scopes and prepare proposals, cost estimates and bid evaluations
- Involvement in company business development for the Engineering Department
- Planning and preparing engineered construction documentations for assigned projects, aiding in engineering decisions, and working as a project manager to meet deadlines in collaboration with engineers and architect
- Able to function efficiently on multiple projects which may consist of performing and scheduling work, materials, tools, equipment, and information to ensure attainment of scope/project performance and construction schedules
- Have oversight of others and work in unison with the A/E team
- Project coordination, meeting attendance, and deliverables
- On-site visits as necessary to collect existing condition information and construction administration for new projects
- Direct construction administration activities, review shop drawings, answer RFIs, resolve construction difficulties, and coordinate field installations as required for each project. Proactively seek potential issues or project risk
- Meet deadlines and quality standards while adhering to ethical and efficient standard procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NEC, IECC, IBC, ASHRAE 90.1, UFC, and associated NFPA standards
- High-level interpersonal relationship skills, proficiency in communication skills and organization skills
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to associate and junior engineers and designers
- LEED accreditation is a plus
Competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with experience
- Cover letter and resume (reference the job title in your cover letter)
- Link to a web-based portfolio or Dropbox download
- Professional references
WestEast Design Group is an equal opportunity employer.